Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Dinning room

Things in the dinning room are moving right along after the table burst onto the scene! 


One again, I piled everything I might need in the room. There were some extra items as well, like all the dog's stuff, a dead plant and a few jackets. Life happens. 


A close up of the table to show you the chaos I started with. 


And the dead palm. May you rest in peace. Speaking of peace, check out the giant peace lily in the background. They are on several lists of "hard to kill plants" so I'm giving it a go and hoping for better 
success. 


The other side of the room, once I moved everything for the "photo shoot." 


Another reality check of the hot mess of outdoor accessories. Hopefully one day they will go outside.



And then it gets good. How amazing are these bamboo chairs? They made the move down with my Dad from his house and I'm so glad he let me adopt them. New chair cushions from Pier 1 and a pillow swap and I'm happy. I know I had discussed white end chairs for the table, but these were free and honestly I love them even more. I've got a couple more finishing touches for these, but I'm liking the direction we are going.


I also ended up pushing them in opposite corners. I tried to have all six around the table, and it was just too much. Felt off, but as soon as I pushed them back it felt perfect! And it is super easy to pull them up to the table when we need them. The Jennifer Moreman print was a One King's Lane purchased that adds the perfect touch to the dinning room wall.


The dinning table is also my art in waiting place. All the good art ends up here before heading to its final destination.


I had intended for this rug to stay in the kitchen, but I moved it to make room for when the lower cabinets got install and I kinda like where it is now? It looks really nice looking into the room from the kitchen. Who knows, it might switch back and forth between room depending on my mood.


I mentioned the pillow swap and here is the outcome. Nate Berkus for Target. Amazing. I wasn't sure about them on the couch, but seeing them in this picture convinces me. They are staying. 


The bar cart got a new decatur set for Christmas and is now very very happy. If only I could get a pretty picture to hang above it...


And finally, two more plants to keep alive with my peace lily. So far my house plant count is up to 6. Most are succulents or air plants. I'm really going to work on changing my brown thumb green. 

Thats all for now,
Betsy 


No comments:

Post a Comment