Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Favorite Things

This week has been a doozy. Its Charleston Fashion Week, so I've been filling in at White, while Jodi does her thing at the runways. I love working at White and all the pretty couture dresses, {check out the finale dress below, SHABAM!} but it did mean I didn't have a day off or much time to DIY.


I'm still plugging away at the cabinets and will hopefully have an update for ya'll next Monday. But, for now I thought I would share the top 5 items in the house that make me crazy happy.

1. Paint Colors.
I had our rental, Hindman House, pretty much filled up and styled to the brim. Except for one thing, the blah paint color on the walls. Everyday I would look around and dream of soft teals, dusty blues, and grayed greens. I love, love, love every single paint color we have used in this house. Choosing your own paint color is one of the best parts of home ownership to me.


2. Garden Stool
Its just so cool. And you can sit on it. Or put your drink on it. Or marvel on how it finishes a space with just the right scale.



3. Candles
My absolute favorite is French Cade Lavender from Anthropologie, but Target's Pink Magnolia is a close second and a much more wallet friendly option. A clean house, a glass of wine and a pretty smelling candle take me to my happy place.


4. Wingback Chairs
$25 each on craigslist, and refinished in fancy fabric and they are my favorites ever. They don't match, but they work together and I love them. They are also very comfortable to read a good book in. Especially if I'm burning a candle and using my garden stool to hold a glass of wine. {see how that works}


5. MLW and the corgs
I mean, duh!


I pinky promise to have a kitchen update next week,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment