Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Green Room

Guest Room 2 is finally looking like a guest room! And its green! So we have the guest room 1 or the blue room and guest room 2, the green room. It still has a little bit of a way to go as this was the room we had the least amount of furniture for. By least, I mean none. Luckily, my Mom has been harboring an extra bed for me for the past few months and my Dad was able to move it down to Chuck as part of his big retirement move! Yay for parents! I ventured back into paint world a few weeks back after deciding on Ben Moore's new color "Van Halen Green" or HC120. Green but not too green. You know how I feel about colors that change color with the light. {hint: I love them}
Anyway, the room is still far from done, but here is the mid stage phase update:


It all started with borrowing a truck from our wonderful friends and neighbors. Trucks make me happy. So does rescuing furniture from my parent's garage. 


And this is the crazy mess  of a room we moved it into. Basically it has been our storage room for the past 5 months, but no more! Its time to have room for not 1 but 2 guests! 


And here is the bed ready to rock n roll.


I have been causally thinking about the layout of this room for a while and its been a little tricky. Its as big as our master, but the windows are laid out differently. I started out on the wall that looks out into the backyard and put a few of the accents together to see how it all was fitting. 


The palm pillow has a home! So does this awesome fluffy bedding I found at Homegoods before we even bought the house. I liked the bed here, but it made some of the other space awkward. I also have 2 big duck chairs that I needed to work in for a sitting area and this placement just didn't leave any good arrangement for them. 


And then basically I moved everything to the other wall. And it worked much better! See the duck chair peeking out in the upper right corner. I found the palm fabric on joanns.com so I believe I'm going to recover the seat cushions in that. I hope to keep everything else a either a crisp white or medium wood tone, with small touches of you guessed it, gold. The headboard may or may not go as well. I love love love it, but I think it might be a little to dark for what I'm going for. In my head this is my mid-century modern palm springs room. Also I've been obsessing over this headboard from Society Social for months. However it is crazy expensive. Alas I've a very similar concept on Craigslist for $150. I just need to bite the bullet and make contact with the seller. {please don't buy it before I can, k?}


View looking the other way. The Ikea cow hide rug stays. I love it and I'm super excited it has a home. Also picture a nice bright white and styled book shelf under that window. P.S. its the one my Dad made for me when I was little! 


Close sence. Still some boxes and art to get out of there, but I'm excited to see it come to completion. Here's a little list of whats to come to finish it all off:

-Small round side table for left side of bed (probably gold)
-An Ikea hack of 2 Rast dressers to fill the right side of the bed under the window
-White window treatments
-White bookshelf under left hand side window
-Recover duck chair cushions and add fluffy pillows
- Table?coffe table? to go between duck chairs
-lamps
-art
-Sheets and bedskirt

Okay I think that is it. Also I can't wait for it to start getting lighter outside. Taking nighttime photos when I get home from work is no beuno. Let the sunshine in!

xo
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment