Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

What the hall? Part 2

Back to the hallway we go. As promised I wanted to give ya'll an update on the rug and little art alcove.    The hallway makes me so incredibly happy, I can't even tell you. Basically the corgis and I run down it with glee each day. 


The view walking out of our bedroom. This rug is a total departure for me. Its thick and fluffy and white. White rugs scare me because of my dirty little fur-babies that run up and down. However, I've seen similar rugs used in living rooms with people who have kids and dogs to much success. So far, I've pretty much stuck to seagrass or dhurrie rugs (ie low profile and  tightly woven). This thing is basically a shag rug and yet I love it. Love is weird like that. Also at 70% off from RugsUSA on their black friday sale, how could I say no?


Close up view looking down. The cross geometric pattern is a dark chocolate brown. I also love how the "fluffiness" of the rug makes the lines not so perfect. A home is not so perfect and I like it that way.


See how thick it is! It's basically a cold foot's dream. So warm and fluffy. My only complaint thus far is that it sheds a lot, but I'm hoping with regular vacuuming it will soon end. 



Since we are in the hallway I thought I would walk ya'll down the art as well. So here it is again. 


And as we slowly make our way towards the kitchen, we notice a lovely floating shelf! 


Dosen't this space look so much more finished? That wall doesn't look awkward to me anymore. I think I have a problem with bare walls.


The shelf is a target find that I spray painted white. I wanted a shelf with a lip so I could put photos up there without fear of them falling off. I found the one I wanted at Pottery Barn, but it was a little pricey. When in doubt head to Target. This shelf is also the perfect width for the wall and about 1/3 what the Pottery Barn option was. An air plant, moss in amber shot glass, map of the London Tube from this summer, a fun etsy print, and 2 frames from HomeGoods was all I needed. I love it! I'm also happy with the new mix of color. Green from the air plant, cobalt blue from the frame and a little touch of rustic from the wood frame and shot glass.


Taking a step back and looking at the full entry, I'm still super pleased. The shelf doesn't protrude enough to pull focus, but still adds nice balance. 


One more shot of my print from Stephanie Creekmur that hides, just behind the front door...


 And finally the view looking the other way.

There is still that one wonky wall that I need to balance, but overall I'm pleased as punch. Oh, that rug..

-B

{Also a little Monday happy...}

No comments:

Post a Comment