Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Countertops Part II

I went to work on Monday, 8 hours later I came home. And oh, what a difference those 8 hours made!


This is what it looked like when I left...


And when I got home! THE COUNTERTOPS ARE IN! They look ah-mazing!


And another view of my morning kitchen. 


And my evening kitchen. She got all dolled up just for me! Please excuse that ugly yellow glue line that I plan to cover with pretty subway tile.


Its like a green egg. 


I must admit, walking in and seeing all this pretty white did make me momentarily question my tuxedo kitchen. But alas, I'm equally obsessed with the slate blue/marble combination so will forge on with my original plan!


It was just so green and well green. Not really my style. 


I'm so glad MLW and I were able to get these particular slabs! They were the last 3 of this lot of marble, so we feel super lucky. All the other options where very grey, whereas this one has a nice white background.


 The little side next to the stove looks perfect as well. There are 3 scratches in this piece that were already there, but they don't bother me one bit. There will only be more with good use. : D


I will have to call William out again to help fix up a few places where removing the backsplash took down the drywall, but that is what handymen are for!

           
We will also have to have the sink {p.s. there is a new faucet in store!} put back together once the seams dry in a day or two.

We did a ton of research and a lot of hemming and hawwing, but I am extremely happy with our choice. In the end it was marble. We used a wholesaler, Vitoria International, for the slabs and Universal Marble and Granite did the fabrication and instal. I can't say enough good things about Universal. The removed our nailed in every 6 inches with 4 inch nails, oh and glued down, countertops fo-free. Then they did a fabulous job with the countertop instal. We only have one small seam, which if you look really closely you can see in the last photo. They are simply breathtaking.

Our kitchen looks about twice as large now and has great acoustics! {picture me singing "Let It Go" every time I walk in there} I can't wait to get back on the paint train to get this tuxedo kitchen complete!

Big day guys, big day.
Love,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment