Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Porch Sittin'

With the end of summer, comes outside furnitures sales! And I've been taking as much advantage of them as I can! We are really mostly in hoard mode as some major repairs need to be done before the porch will really be nice and ready.

photo taken back in winter

Structural reapirs include:
-Having proper footings put in to support the porch and raise up the sunken corner
-Re-screening 
-Painting all wood trim
-Sealing the deck floor 

MLW and I plan on tackling all but the footings. However it is hot as hades out there so all that will wait until things cool off a bit. But, all that repair work isn't stoping me from getting the accessories ready for the final vision!


In the meantime, here is how the porch currently looks. Why yes, that is a box for a blow up pool in the left corner.


Looking the other way, things aren't quite as cluttered. 


 The deck portion. I just want to have an al fresco dinner party!


This Ikea chair and it's buddy will be in the long term plan. I'm working on a coffee table to place out there that I will share with ya'll later. 


This outdoor rug from Anthro went on super sale and I said yes!

 Also are you noticing a color pallet that seems a little off for me? Thats right, black. A house down the street with similar brick painted their front door black and I love it! The key to making this brick work might just be black. I'm even throwing around the idea of painting the deck boards themselves black. MLW isn't so sure yet, but I've planted the seed so hopefully he will come around. See this pin for pinspiration! {Gotta love Pinterest} 

Alright, so that is our sad little deck update, but stay with me ya'll and hopefully I'll be throwing an end of summer soiree in no time! 

xoxo, 
Gossip Girl 


PS. I've been on a netflix Gossip Girl binge. #BlaireandChuckforever




No comments:

Post a Comment