Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cleaning up the deck

The porch corner is up! The contractor dude came out, car jacked the corner up, dug some holes, poured new footings and set er' back down. So. much. better.





I mean seriously every time we had a bad storm I was afraid the porch was going to rip away from the house or sink into the ground! Now everything is nice and sound.


Getting this done of course prompted me into a whirlwind of porch remodeling!


I ripped the old sagging screening off (in the rain, because I'm a weirdo and get bored?) and scrubbed the deck and porch boards.


This product works really nicely, but I did have to clean a second time using a deck cleaning brush and some serious elbow grease.



This was after the first pass of just washing, no scrubbing. I wish I had a total before picture because even this was an improvement. 


And a few days later  is after another rain storm and the second round of cleaning, but it is way better. Looks even nicer when it dries out. The boards that where mildewy and black on the right, now look almost brand new!


So after all that I was left with a deck/porch that the corgis love, but I've still got big dreams for. See those RED vertical porch beams. Going Going Gone!


Porch furniture had to briefly go back out for Thanksgiving, but I'm glad all the prep work is done so I can get on with the fun stuff.

Get excited!
Betsy





No comments:

Post a Comment