Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A few Christmas Trees

For the past few years I have decorated two Christmas trees. One with MLW and one with my mom. Its super fun and makes me feel extra festive. Its also fun to experience two different family Christmas tree traditions. Also for the first time, MLW and I have added exterior decorations. Lights baby!


  Oh, boxwood garland, you make my heart flutter. So pretty, so festive, so wonderful. And $25 for 25 feet. I'll take it! the wreath is just leftover garland looped around a few times. I am having a full on love affair with garland and really want to learn how to make it on my own. So many pretty things to be decorated with it.


Front porch reality check. Hello, my name is Betsy, and I kill plants. Its a personal problem. In my defense, they were all spring plants that made it a good solid 6 months before bitting the dust. I need to make a new plant run to fill my tub. I'm thinking poppies and rosemary. 
Also I can't bring myself to toss the grey and pinky-orange pumpkin. They are both still rock solid and show now signs of rotting. Thus they are staying on the porch. 


MLW is fully responsible for adding the lights and I must say he did an amazing job! We are only one of two people with any outside decorations on our street and are quite proud of ourselves. {Update our neighbors to the right, have gone full out and put us to shame. They are an older couple so we are chalking it up to experiance. MLW and I will get there one day!}


He even ran them along the front bushes. However, this has made me want to be able to park our cars in the garage real bad. You really can't see the porch from the street and that makes me sad. One day I'll clean out the garage and get some door openers so the front of the house can shine un-car interrupted. 


And one more. MLW is a talented husband. : D 


 And on to my Mom's tree. Isn't it cute! Just a little dinker 5 footer. I'm in love. I have secret crushes on all things short and fat (reason 1-1000 why I own corgis).  Mom/Libba wanted her on the table and I had my doubts, but in the end it worked out perfect!


Mom/Libba and I also have a tradition of finding the smallest most ridiculous angel ornament and placing her on top of the tree. Last year she had a 10' tree with the little one on top and it was hilarious! This year she looked pretty funny way up on the top branch. Alas Libba ended up snipping that top branch and placing the normal sized angel up there. But, not before I could snap some photos of this little one's debut.  Dream big little angel, dream big! 


Back over at the House of Watts, I added a little festivity to the entryway. We got  the little wooden tree  on a trip to Savannah from the Shop SCAD shop. Not much, but it takes time to collect Christmas decor.


I really dig it.


And finally our tree! MLW's Mom started an awesome tradition of giving him and his sister an ornament each year. When we got married, MLW got the box of ornaments to hang on our tree and we have been adding to them each year. It is definitely a tradition that I want to continue and pass along to our kiddos. Its really fun to hear MLW's story behind each one. Warms my heart. 

Do any of ya'll have funny/sweet/wonderful family traditions? 

Happy Holidays!
Betsy 




No comments:

Post a Comment