Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

What the Hall?

So I've noticed lately a desire to get the front of the house looking perfect and then to start working my way in. This means I really wanted to dive in and get the entry and hallway looking their best. And the best way to do that was to get the art up off the floors and on to the walls.


This is what we had been living with for the past few months. Art on the floors, not very exciting.


So one night, I came home, took a look around and decided it was time. Out came the hammer and nails. I did do a few mock layouts on the floor before committing to nails in the wall. I also ended up nixing a lot of pieces I thought I was going to use.  The brass birds were definitely a little bit of a challenge and left my wall a little scuffed up. Nothing my left over paint can't fix though.


And they are up!


Close up of my brass birds. Have I mentioned I like brass water fowl? I have these brass birds, a brass duck, and a brass swan. I also have a swan sweater. #putabirdonit


Bare spot #1. I like the mirror and vintage plant print I picked up in Broadway, but I definitely need a few more small pieces to round this out. Decor looks best in odd numbers so the 2 floating  pieces  are throwing me off a little bit.


The main wall from a different angle. Wedding art makes the best art. I feel like half my house is decorated with left over wedding objects, cotton, vases, photos. Ah, happy memories!


Bare space #2. This little side wall just looks kinda awkward to me. I really like the idea of a floating shelf with photo and other nicknacks, so I think I'm going to give that a try next. I would also like to bring a little more color to this space since we are stuck in the mint,white,and gold theme. 


So there you have it. I'll have a follow up post to this one shortly. I fixed some of the bare spots and got a fluffy runner that I can't wait to share!

xo
Betsy 

No comments:

Post a Comment