Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sweet Dreams

So we finished off a couple more details in the master bedroom. Just little things to make it feel more complete. I think I told you how I wanted to recover the headboard with the khaki bamboo fabric that I had just draped over the headboard. We also desperately needed a bedskirt. And to top it all off, a basket for seasonal bedding storage.
Here goes: 


This is now what we see looking down the hallway, no more under the bed. Its amazing how a bed skirt can make the bed look complete. I found this one at Bed Bath and Beyond and was initially afraid it would be too yellow, but it turned out perfect. It is also nice and clean so doesn't pull focus or add any bulk.


I need a hand steamer something bad to get all those little wrinkles out. I was hoping it would hang out and they would naturally fall, but its been about a week and no luck. Santa, a steamer please?


Check out that headboard! You couldn't really see the shape before since we just had it casually draped over.

A word of caution. This geometric patterned fabric was wayyy harder to make even and straight than the previous pattern that was just an all over repeat. MLW and I spent about an hour hemming and hawing over whether or not it was straight and guess what? Its still kinda wonky. But only just barely, and not so much that I called for a re-do. 


Oh yeah, and see that basket peeking out in the right side?


Its our new bedding storage basket. Its got our summer blanket in there now. It also serves as a great place to place the decorative pillows in when we are sleeping or MLW "forgets" to make the bed. (which is a lot. Also sorry for fuzzy picture, I blame it on the goat) 


The basket was a world market find. They have HUGE baskets at not terrible prices. It started out in the all natural color, but I was afraid with the jute rug, the basket would just be to much "natural looking stuff."  So I tapped off the top half and used my trusty can o spray paint and went to town. I'm super happy with the way it turned out. The line is not even all the way around, but I think it gives it a nice organic feeling while providing nice contrast between basket and rug.


See how big it is? Plenty of storage for bedding and pillows.


 I thought I would also give ya'll a view of the other side of the bed. I picked this nightstand off the side of the road when we were at our rental and I had more red/orange accents.  I stripped it and painted it a few years ago and its kinda sad to think of redoing it, but I'm just not feeling that color pallet anymore. I haven't come up with anything better yet, but its about the perfect size for that side of the bed so its sticking around for now.


Another view of the wrong color nightstand. It does pick up on the orange in the square pillows nicely, but I'm just not feeling how it contrast against my Palladium Blue walls. sigh. 


Lastly, a closeup of all the patters and textures on the bed. The matelasse bedding is from Pottery Barn, but I bought it on Ebay when I moved into my sophomore college apartment. Its held up really well and takes a pretty good beating from the corgis, but always washes nice and clean. The square patterned pillows are also a Pottery Barn find. The teal velvet pillows are from Pier 1 and an incredible price if you are in the market for velvet. And lastly the little square ikat pillow was from Marshall's. I had it monogramed and am just pleased as punch. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is make my bed and while I am making my bed I am making up my mind as to what kind of day I am going to have" {Robert Frost}

Love,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment