Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dearie, marry the mole

Ignore the title and DO NOT MARRY THE MOLE. I'm having mole problems in my front yard. I had them a little this spring but was able to easily  get ride of them. Then I got lazy, and the little *bleepers* are back. So I'm trying the same combo I did last spring of a grub killer to destroy their food source and then Repellex to rid the moles. Repellex does not kill the moles just kicks them out of your yard. Have you ever seen a mole? They are pretty darn cute.
However, if this doesn't do the trick I will be forced to bring in the big guns... GET OUT OF MY YARD MOLES!
Okay enough of that. Also it is hard to take a photo of something that is happening under your yard! The main way we know we have moles is you can see dirt tracks and the ground is really soft to walk on from all their tunnels.


Moving on for real, I promise. While I was outside kicking some creature we won't mention out of my yard,  I also got a on a deweed kick and completely cleared out on of the side flower beds in the backyard.


I was in a grove and sort of forgot to take a before picture, but it pretty much looked like this. Whoa hot mess. The previous owners had planted some nice things around the corner that I need to clean up, but this side was totally untouched.


I'm hoping to put down a weed barrier and then plant some shrubberies and pine straw to keep it pretty low maintenance. It does get a little awkward in the left corner where the railroad tie does not hit the house wall. I think I will end up placing a large pot there and adding some pretty flowers. I think I'm more of a container gardner. That way when they decorative plants die they will be fairly easy to replace.


Wouldn't a row of peonies be heavenly? Gardenias would do nicely too! Image via Pinterest. 


I'm entertaining the idea of decorative grass too. Pinterest image for the win again! 

Now that it isn't so crazy hot outside, I am much more inclined to get out in the yard and make it pretty! Still waiting on the porch to get done, but I can't wait to get that the way I want too!

Love,
Betsy

PS. Thank ya'll for voting on the light

challenge. I'll let you know the winner as soon as I've got it all hung up!









No comments:

Post a Comment