Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Bridal Trends Spring 2014

So I haven't done a post about my "day job" yet and figured it was time. Especially since I just got back from bridal market last week in Atlanta. I went with the boss lady and had a great time! Some very pretty gowns are headed our way starting early next year. There were definitely some noticeable trends from designer to designer and I'm going to share them with you here. Unfortunately they aren't releasing photos of the new gowns just yet, but as soon as they do I promise to do a post with my top 5 gowns for Spring '14.

1. The Flutter Sleeve
There were several dresses with either a detachable flutter sleeve or a flutter sleeve that continued down a plunging v-back. They came in both beaded and lace varieties and were super pretty. Marchesa started the trend in Fall '13 with the dress below (which can be found at White). I found them pretty and super girly. I especially like the removable option as it gives brides some flexibility.

Check out Marchea's website here.

2. Art Deco/ Great Gatsby
Gatsby was big this year especially in bridal and that is carrying over into spring '14. Slip dresses, art deco inspired beading, shorter trains, plunging necklines and beautiful draping. If it looked like it could have been on the film set, expect to see it walking down the asile. This trend and the first really tie together nicely and the flutter sleeve adds a little of that flapper-esq style. The dress below is actually a fall '13, but we got her and she fits this description perfectly. She's a Maggie Sottero and I'm in love.

Maggie Sottero Gianna.
3. Blush
I'm actually not a huge fan of this trend. Mori Lee and Allure did a few blush/pink gowns spring '12 and I was not impressed then and I'm not now. Girls tend to go with a more neutral tone like champagne, gold or cafe if they do an "off" color. The pink is just too...pink. That being said I'll probably have about 50 brides requesting blush, but such is life.

Allure 8914
4. KISS- Keep it Simple Sweet
Severa designers featured gowns with no rouching, bling, lace, bows or any other adoration. They were shown in several silhouettes from ball gown to more fit and flare but all had that very sleek and simple look. I personally love these as a consultant because they are great building block dresses. The structure and shape are great and then you can add whatever you want to it to make it pop a little more. They also looked great as they were, very modern and clean. Think classic Amsale...
Paige, by Amsale 
We did get some pretty great silhouettes that don't fit into any of the groups above. Peplum, hi-low(its pretty I promise), beaded cap sleeves, and stunning keyhole lace backs, oh my! Get excited Charleston area brides!!

Here are a few iphone pics of inside bridal market. We saw a big group fashion show the first night, which was incredibly well run and a great teaser to things to come. Also an awesome wall of paper flowers that I have every intention of figuring out how to imitate for the store windows....



Till  next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment