Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Guest room 1

So far the neatest aspect of this little blog has been looking back at the photos of each room and seeing how far it has come. It's crazy to think we closed on this house a little over 2 months ago. It is definitely starting to feel more like "ours" and not like we are squatting in someone else's home. 

My Mom came down last week and that really lit a fire under my backside to get guest room 1 ready (I feel a little like I'm referring to air force 1). We had done almost nothing to it other than slap a coat of kilz on the walls and place the bedroom furniture haphazardly in there. I can officially say that I now think the room is 93% complete! If you came for a visit I wouldn't be embarrassed about where you would sleep and I call that an accomplishment! 
So here is the evolution of guest room 1: 

The day we bought the place, in all its army green glory. 

Layer one of Kilz (aka elmer's glue). 

Moving Day. Just throw it all in and close the door!

Paint at last! We went with Ben Moore's Windy Sky, a lovely greyish blue. 

Add bedding, a rug, curtains and nightstands and this room is staring to look pretty good. 

Up goes the art! 

Art on the opposite wall. 

                Left night stand gets styled with a pretty book. 
Right nightstand complete with my fave new lamp combo from Target. 

Craigslist reupholstered chair. This is the wall that needs a little extra love. In time. 

Ta-Da!! 

Pretty crazy huh? We got lucky with this room since all the design aspects where already in our guest room at the rental house. The only new additions where the gold night stand and wooden lamp, both from Target. That definitely helped speed the process along. MLW is actually a little jealous of the bedding in this room because it is super soft. It was an anthro find and wedding gift. The bed frame was my first "big girl" bed after my crib and has travelled with me ever since. Thank you Mom for having killer furniture taste back in the 80's! The night stand and dresser have also been with me since high school, but thanks to a recent paint job  and new hardware are looking fresh and new! The rest has just been slowly accumulated as life happens. You just never know where you will pick up your next nicknack. : D 

Anybody else have furniture from childhood that still has killer style? 

Love ya'll! 
-B

2 comments:

  1. Hello Betsy! My name is Katy and I'm the social media coordinator for KILZ brand products. Your guest room looks great! We would love for you to share you experience with our primer by writing a review. Here is a link to visit our review page here: http://www.kilz.com/primer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=8ad359ff4f72d310VgnVCM100000176310acRCRD
    Select the product you used, rate and write a brief review and hit submit - it's that easy!
    We'd appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kathy, Thanks so much and no problem. I would love too! Our house smelled terrible when we first purchased, but is now smelling fresh and new. : D

      Delete