Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Color Capture

Benjamin Moore release their Color Collection 2014 and in it where some pretty new shades of green that put me back on the hunt for the color for guest room 2. This room is staying our junk room for now, but my Papa Bear is officially moving down to Charleston in December and bringing an extra bed for our guest room with him. I figured it's time to get the ball rolling so when the bed arrives we can throw the bedding on it and call it a done deal!
Back to Ben Moore though. So as I was trolling their website I noticed they had a note about an app called Color Capture. Say What!?! In essence you take a pic with your phone and then the app will match a color in the picture to a bm shade. So cool. Also where was this app about 3 months ago when I was in the thick of trying to pick paint colors!


Screen face of Color Capture app. The best part is that its free! 


You just take a photo and poof! I would recommend taking a photo on with the camera and then uploading it to the CC app. Otherwise if you leave the screen, you loose your original image. However, once you have picked one you can save it and use different categories.  
This is also the illusive Home Goods palm pillow. I'm building everything in guest room 2 around this pillow, but of course could only find one. Its actually a Tommy Bahama fabric, and lucky for me Jo-Ann's carries it! I plan on putting the single pillow on the bed, then getting extra fabric to make a couple of chair cushions. Guest room 2 is as big as our master so there is going to be plenty of room for some seating. 


This app is so cool. It picks the shade then gives you several that are close. You can move the shade picker around to get the different light and dark tones. 


So adding the new color CC found for me along with one I found from the 2014 newbies, I have a total of 5 paint samples for this one room. Three of them were nixed weeks ago for being to dark. 


The reject shades. Still pretty, but they would be the darkest in the house. I'm going for soft shades with undertones of grey to keep the house consistent and MLW and I agreed that these would be to much of an exclamation point. 


The new shades wet, the left is the CC apps pick "Spring Break" and the right is my pick "Van Alen Green."


And dry. This room gets most of its light in the morning and this was taken at mid-afternoon. I'm excited to see what they look like in better sun! 


After holding the pillow up against them, MLW and I are torn. I think I'm leaning towards Van Alen and MLW just wants to be on Spring Break.  Spring Break is still pretty dark to me so I'm not convinced just yet. I don't know if we are quite ready to paint again just yet so I might sit with these two samples and see how I feel about them in a few days. They are definitely muuuch better than the original 3 shades though. 


Oh yeah, then I found this book while taking MLW birthday bookshop shopping. Seriously. I needed this book. It was nice that a lot of the colors I picked are in here though. And its fun to flip through so the book came home. One day we will look back and reminisce about picking paint colors, right? 

Love ya'll! 






No comments:

Post a Comment