Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The whole house

I had the BBJ girls over for a pumpkin paintin' party the other night which made me whip into shape and clean the whole house. Everything looked so pretty that I decided it was time to take a 3 month full house photo shoot. Lets go... *warning: long post*


Welcome! I'm excited to report that the wonky entryway light's days are numbered. Joss and Main had a pretty awesome lighting sale the other week and I scooped up two new fixtures. I've got a few more artsy items to add and a key ring, but I'm pretty close to satisfied. The front door might have a destiny with paint one day soon too...


The famous church bench sits to the right of the front door. It still needs to be sanded and refinished but so far its been a cozy little spot to drink a glass of wine and spy on the neighbors. (check out the grey pumpkin. I died when I saw him and he had to come home)


The living room is also looking pretty good, we have been hanging out in the den so much I keep forgetting to update ya'll on its progress.  


My little corner office. The desk belong to MLW's great grandma and its nice to have a Watts family heirloom in the house. Plus all those drawers=awesome storage. 


The bar cart is probably one of my favorite pieces of furniture we own along with the coffee table, wingback chairs and almost everything else I find on craigslist. Basically I like anything we have that has a little extra history. The bar cart was an etsy find and came from Portland on a Grey Hound Bus. I kid you not. I had to go to probably the sketchiest part of town to pick her up but it was totally worth it. Apparently Grey Hound ships large items cross country for relatively cheap, you just have to drop it off and pick it up at your nearest station. 


Wall art collage in prgoress. The frame on the floor is destined to be painted gold (surprise!) and I need to hang up my deer skull. The wall light was a super cheap Target find. Eventually I would like to make it battery powered, but I think it adds a little art gallery feel to the wall. Plus it highlights a dodging card made special by a favorite professor who passed away not to long after giving it to me. 


Large dinning room, little dinning table. I promise this will be resolved eventually. I've got a 6 seater craigslist table in the garage that is waiting for a paint/ stain decision and then things should start to look a little more like the correct scale. I think the rug may end up in the kitchen as a runner as well. I have zero idea as to what kind of rug I would replace it with? 


The kitchen still looks the same. Bleh.


More bleh. 


The epically transformed right side of the den.


The epically un-transfomred left side of the den. (Hey MLW!)


And down the hallway. Photos on the floor, soon to be on the walls (hopefully). 


Guest room 1 (again).


Guest room 1's craiglist chair and awesome giraffe planter. 


The freshly wallpapered hall bath. I'm still slightly afraid that this was a dream and didn't really happen. So every time I walk by it I have to stick my head in just to make sure the pretty paper is still there. 


Avert your eyes!! Yep that is still the state of guest room 2. It's scary I know. The corgi's think it is their personal obstacle course so at least half the house likes it? One day we might finally paint. Or put some things away, or add furniture. You know. 


Hallway looking the other way. No good Columbia, SC girl's house is complete without a little Chicken Man art. 


Our master room. The fabric on the head board is just tucked for now. I used to have an orangey red fabric on there that went great in the rental, but I'm so over for our new place. Also, we need a bedskirt. 


The chair, the goat, and the blanket all have very special meaning to us/me (MLW isn't a huge fan of the goat) so it is nice that they have their own little corner. One of my wonderful friends knitted that blanket as a wedding gift. Probably the most beautiful and sentimental gift I have ever or will ever recive. Its pretty unreal in person and I feel lucky to have such super friends. 


View from the opposite corner of the room. Still in love with those closet doors! 


Finally, the master bath. I really should have added this to my finished list project post. The decor is pretty much done, but I still need to paint the ceiling and door. It was the last room we painted when we did the marathon day of trim and doors anndd we ran out of paint.

There you have it. 5054 got some new pep in her step.



No comments:

Post a Comment